After 63 years, the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre (MNjcc) has installed a brand new saltwater pool in the Freddie Shore Aquatic Centre – one that we hope will see us through the next 60 years! This was one of the most important projects for the MNjcc since the original renovation of the building in 2002. The renovations were completed in 2016.
Witness the construction process with our Pool Renovations photo album.
- A fully-accessible, Saltwater Myrtha Pool ®
- Expanded width of the pool
- A new, gradual entrance ramp which will increase access for all members
- New infrastructure for the pool basin
- New slip-proof tile flooring
- Contrasting deck tiles
- New filtration system
- New lighting system
- New configuration to the upper and lower pool decks and viewing area
- New rinsing station
- New pool toys and child docks
Rejuvenate, Revitalize and Renew. That’s our pool capital campaign and yes – we need your support. This is the first major renovation to this historic facility since 2002. Our thanks go to Freddie Shore who is providing the generous lead gift for this project and our amazing donors who have supported our pool capital campaign. You can pick up a donation form from our Info Desks or contact Fallon Butler, our Director of Development to learn more about what opportunities are available to support our pool.